New stores coming soon to Mall of Monroe
The Monroe News March 9, 2023
Five new stores are coming soon to the Mall of Monroe.
“Approximately 70% of stores (on a square footage basis) are occupied or in construction for future openings. Discussions are ongoing for future new tenants,” said Tim Matune, senior vice president for asset redevelopment for The Cafaro Co. of Niles, Ohio. “The future is bright for The Mall of Monroe.”
Stores opening soon are:
- Ragnarok Supply and Motorworks, which is expected to open in the summer or fall.
The business will offer more than 51,000 square feet of high-end hunting, fishing and camping equipment with firearms, Matune said. “Plus, the sale and service of ATVs and dirt bikes with a four-bay facility for the installation of Line-X truck accessories.”
- CubeSmartis planned for the summer or fall.
CubeSmart will offer 78,826 square feet of indoor, climate-controlled storage with a retail store for the sale of storage and moving supplies, Matune said.
- Castaway Eats and Treats, a fast service food court tenant, will open in about two months and will sell sandwiches, subs, paninis, pizza, barbecued foods, pretzels, ice cream, cookies and snacks.
- Disctopia, planned to open April 1, will sell records, anime, videos, video games and all other types of media.
- The Mystery Shop, coming in May, will feature hand-made, artisan-quality, home décor-related antiques and locally made food products.
Several stores recently opened at the Mall of Monroe:
- Domka Outdoors: A 57,000 square-foot business featuring firearms, ammunition, archery bows, crossbows, fishing equipment and tackle, professional repair and design services, and the presentation of leagues, competitions, seminars and birthday parties.
- MCF Market: Goods from local artisans and vintage collectors.
- Your PC Doctor, Electronics and More: New consumer electronic items, such as computers, gaming items and equipment, car audio equipment, air conditioners, and computer repair and service.
- Katalina’s Kitchen: Operated by the Ayala family, the business is a fast service food court selling authentic Mexican food.
- Monroe Community Players: Newly designed and constructed studio theater for presenting plays and performances.
- Wonderworld Comics: Sale and exchange of comic books, toys, games, sports cards, and Japanese anime and manga.
- Pinball and Classic Arcade: New and classic style-pinball machines and arcade games for players of all ages for recreation and tournament play.
Other Mall of Monroe businesses are: Phoenix Theatres, Bath & Body Works, Planet Fitness, Shoe Department, Pillar Performance (featuring high-intensity cross-fit and athletic performance training including hockey), Spencer’s, Color Beauty Supply, Claw Kicker, Wu Ji Acupressure, Champion Force Cheerleading and Tumbling, Custom Designed Clothing by Amu & Ani, Brow Shapes, and Family and Friends Funland.
Also open at the Mall of Monroe are: Leviathan Offices, the Humane Society of Monroe County and Monroe City Church.
Space remains available.
“Unlike many other malls that closed in similar sized markets, The Mall of Monroe survived the retail apocalypse, the demise of many department stores and COVID,” Matune said. “Our on-site staff maintains the property and provides security according to the highest standards in the business. Should anyone wish to open a hair care salon, a move-in quality, fully outfitted salon is available. The mall also has 68 acres of undeveloped property for development for commercial, housing, institutional, etc.”
The Cafaro Co. is the parent organization of the Frenchtown Square Partnership. In 1987, Cafaro built The Mall of Monroe (formerly Frenchtown Square Mall) and has operated the property ever since. The Mall of Monroe is at 2121 N. Monroe St.